Ruby science Sample Resumes
Ruby science Sample Resume 5+ Years Experience
Senior software craftsman featuring expertise in Ruby on Rails, web frameworks and other programming languages, a passion for Web 2.0 trends, APIs, mashups and other disruptive technologies, and experience managing teams of offshore providers and developers.
GI, DHCP, DNS, Dovecot, EC2, FTP, IMAP, Munin, Middleman, Nagios, PHP, Pixelmator, POP, Perl, Postfix, RSS, S3, Stasis, Windows
C, C++, Oracle, Coldfusion, Java, Photoshop, Gimp
Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
Responsible for designing and developing highly distributed Ruby on Rails web applications for a high performance, high traffic, advanced interactive site that attracts over 1 million unique visitors per day, by providing online real estate and neighborhood information to consumers and professionals.
· Design and build Ruby on Rails landing page platform.
· Deploy complex business rules, SEO and instrumentation.
· Collaborate with Product Management and User Experience experts regarding product definition, schedule, scope and project-related decisions.
· Develop best practices and architecture.
· Manage, collaborate and coordinate the work of an offshore development team.
· Proactively suggested architecture changes and new coding practices through GitHub management that reduced application and functionality errors by 30 percent.
· Received more than 100 unsolicited user compliments regarding changes to site features.
· Implemented a new collaboration tool that improved offshore team communications and efficiency by 16 percent.
· Timely Response 2007-2010
· Ruby on Rails Developer
· Responsible for developing a leading edge on-line reputation management tool for this marketing services and publishing company that provides email campaign management, on-line survey management as well as data collection and distribution services.
· Planned and carried out daily scrums, weekly estimations and retrospectives and pair programming.
· Managed code with unit tests and GitHub.
· Worked with SQL and search based data storage.
· Designed applications using object oriented concepts.
· Completed the tool 3 months ahead of schedule and 15 percent below budget.
· Attracted 3,000 new users within the first 6 months.
· Just-in-Time Web Development 2005-2007
· Junior Web Developer
· Applied analytical, creative and professional skills while creating over 35 websites for major retailers, oil companies, manufacturers, small entertainment companies, non-profit organizations and professional services firms.
· Used PHP and MySQL, Oracle, ASP and Cold Fusion. Learned Ruby on Rails, business rules, SEO and other advanced tools.
· Collaborated with other designers and sales to determine client needs and requirements.
· Provided general office support including file, print, backup, network, email, web and phone services.
· Garnered 5 new accounts and 15 referrals due to my conscientious work and unique web designs.
· Bachelor of Science, Computer Science Cal State, Los Angeles
· Active contributor to the open source community
· Ruby Blog: Riding Rails
· “Asset Compilation Techniques”
· “Fixing Time Zone Aware Attributes”
· Riding Rails: Ruby Hero Award Winner 2010
· Coding Samples
· GitHub: https://github.com/tgupta
· Member, L.A. Ruby
Member, L.A. Ruby Study Group